INITIAL PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
- Maximum Building Height: 15 storeys
- Density: 216 dwelling units, 86 townhomes, 180 room hotel
- Parking: 18 surface parking stalls, 776 underground parking stalls
- Foreshore: Public beach, Floating play structure
- Marina: 241 boat slips, Floating village, Floating commercial area
- Maximum Building Height: 8 storeys
- Density: 280 dwelling units, 60 townhomes, 120 room hotel
- Parking: 18 surface parking stalls, 608 underground parking stalls
- Foreshore: Natural beach area
- Marina: 241 boat slips
Land Use Process Update
In September 2017, Blackmun Bay Limited Partnership, applied for an Amendment to the Official Community Plan (OCP – Change of Land Use) which has been in place for the past 7 years. The OCP is a comprehensive plan to guide future land use and address related needs for amenities, services, and infrastructure support. The OCP operates in conjunction with the Zoning Bylaw and other municipal bylaws, and guides City Council as they consider zoning changes.
On January 17th, 2018 the application was heard by the City of West Kelowna Advisory Planning Commission, followed by a First Reading of the Amendment by City Council on February 13, 2018. At the hearing, Council unanimously voted to support the application for the Amendment to the OCP and made positive comments about the ‘Landmark’ nature of this development proposal and welcomed the opportunity to significantly increase its tax base.
The Developer is currently working collaboratively with the City of West Kelowna Administration staff to schedule the dates for the Second Reading of the OCP amendment and the subsequent public hearing, prior to Third Reading. Dates will be publicized as soon as more firm dates have been set.